Why MMIT? At MMIT (https://www.mmitnetwork.com/), we provide our healthcare clients with a transparent, structured view of complex drug coverage information. We are a company that values:
- Collaborative teams focused on meeting goals and delivering value
- Continuous learning and opportunity to grow
We answer the “what” and the “why” related to drug coverage and reimbursement, leveraging technology, research and industry experts to make sense of how and why specific pharmaceutical drugs are covered. Physicians and pharmacies use our data and applications to understand what drugs are available to patients and how they are covered by health plans. Pharmaceutical manufacturers trust our data to understand how their drug and competitive drugs are covered, which helps forecast performance and tune strategy.
The MMIT Product Management Team is charged with developing, growing and maintaining the MMIT product portfolio that smooth access to lifechanging therapies. This entails managing products through all phases of the product lifecycle, from concept to sunset. The product management team embraces a market-backed perspective, champions unmet client needs, and is committed to a highly accountable and collaborative Product Management approach.
MMIT is seeking an experienced Data Architect to contribute to the growth and development of the MMIT product portfolio. Ideal candidates are comfortable working with large, complex data sets to help inform, simplify and actualize key product capabilities. They will be able to comfortably collaborate with various stakeholders and navigate ambiguity with limited direction. They will dedicate themselves to understanding the MMIT product portfolio (both current capabilities and future product roadmaps) and key data dependencies to inform data models, architecture, and new product development.
To succeed in this role, you will apply your skillset to
- Review/categorize/enhance pharmaceutical data sets focused on analyzing trends/issues that impact access to therapy.
- Inform, create and/or maintain master data hierarchy, attributes and structure.
- Bridge, standardize, groom various data inputs in order to integrate new data sets into MMIT’s Data Eco System or to improve the operational cycle time of current MMIT workflows.
- Apply data interpretation techniques including NLP and Machine Learning to reduce cycle time and increase effectiveness of data activities.
- Consult and advise how Data Products goals can be decomposed into MVP and roadmap enhancements while still ensuring all stakeholder success criteria is met.
- Translate product management strategy into actionable data deliverables, guiding development of data models, business rules and other advanced analytical capabilities.
- Excel at communicating across a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with MMIT product and data teams to develop and/or commercialize analytics use cases that may include market access, coverage / lives, and RWE data.
- Effectively partner with external organizations including clients and vendors to develop meaningful and projectable analytics about trends in market access dynamics across payers, geographies, indications, drugs, etc.
- Identify and evaluate additional data sources that could be integrated in value enhancing ways.
- Support various commercial or commercialization efforts as needed.
- Take a leading role in developing data architecture as a discipline across product management, development and data operations.
- Postgraduate degree or higher involving machine learning, statistics, or computer science
- Experience modeling, combining, and transforming data to meet business use cases
- Experience in applying Natural Language Processing and related AI capabilities.
- Experience working with large and complex healthcare datasets (incl Claims, EMR, Lab), preferably patient-level longitudinal data and experience with studies of treatment effectiveness/outcomes, disease progression, adherence, healthcare utilization, patient journey, sales targeting, prescription/procedure volumes/shares, provider networks and prescribing/treatment patterns.
- Strong related programming skills including experience with good coding practices.
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including ability to present technical concepts to lay audiences, write analysis plans for projects, contribute to proposals / grant applications, pitch ideas effectively and persuasively to clients / internal stakeholders, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively to solve complex problems and individually to research/advance areas of interest and exploration
- Proven ability to develop meaningful/valuable analytic insights from multiple data sources and support value through commercialization
- Capable of working independently or within a team
Preferred candidates may also have
- Experience supporting or launching Data and Analytics or SaaS-based enterprise product.
- Experience using Snowflake.
- Experience in managed markets and pharma market access ecosystem.
- Experience in the commercial health insurance industry.
- Knowledge of payer marketing, drug development lifecycle and drug launch process.
Travel: Approximately < 10%
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $130,000 to $180,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Norstella is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behavior and our business requirements. Norstella operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here- you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel passion and excitement, we’re just as excited about you.